Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Food truck Wednesday nights return


When the weather is warm enough, each Wednesday night in the street between Fullsteam and Motorco, a few food trucks gather and pull to them a crowd of students, runners, hipsters, Durham lovers, old people--you name it, any people who feel like eating and socializing in the cool night air.  Parlour and Pie Pushers are almost always there, and other food trucks come from time to time. 

These two food trucks have stayed away during the winter, but they decided to emerge this first week of March.  Joining them was KoKyu.  The weather was really too cold for eating outside, but many of us showed up anyway, bought some slices, and huddled in the warmth of Fullsteam, which generously lets folks stay inside.  As cold as I was, I was happy to be there.  (I'll be even happier when the weather turns warm.)  The pizza was delicious, and the ice cream heavenly. 

If I'm in town and you want to catch me on a Wednesday night, that's often where I'll be. 


No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive