Thursday, September 27, 2012

Why I write

In a comment on yesterday's blog entry about what was happening with my writing in 1987, Deb Franklin asked:  

Is the fiction something you feel you have to write and get out there?
 This question boils down to, why do I write? 

I answered this question at length in this post in 2008, but I can give a shorter though perhaps more inscrutable answer:  I write because I have to.  I tried giving it up, and I failed.  For as far back in my life as I can remember, I've written.  I've written mimeographed UFO magazines, fanzines, non-fiction of all sorts, stories, and books.  I'd write comic books and screenplays if anyone would pay me to do so. 

So, Deb, the even shorter answer to your question is, yes. 


2 comments:

Deb Franklin said...

Ahh, I that I do understand. And I hope you do keep writing.

Mark said...

Thanks, Deb. I do intend to keep writing until I die...which I hope will be a very long time from now.

Labels

Blog Archive