Friday, September 21, 2012

The last 10 songs I played

Folks periodically ask what I listen to while I write, and the answer is inevitably that my mixes are random and hard to predict.  That said, certain songs tend to stay in rotation for a while, and some become fixtures in my writing playlists for months at a time. 

As a sample, the last ten songs I played before I turned off the music earlier tonight were the following:

  1. "Lonely Boy," The Black Keys
  2. "Howl," The Gaslight Anthem
  3. "Man on the Moon," R.E.M.
  4. "We Belong Here," Stephen Kellogg & the Sixers
  5. "Breathing Underwater," Metric
  6. "Anna Sun," Walk the Moon
  7. "Dark Clay," Levi Weaver
  8. "This Is Why We Fight," The Decemberists
  9. "Stay Young, Go Dancing," Death Cab for Cutie
  10. "Maybe It's Over," Jon McLaughlin

Nothing too surprising here, plenty of tunes I've blogged before, a wide range of emotions, kind of a comfort mix, for whatever that's worth.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is amazing to me. :-)
I am also a writer (of the technical and instructional variety), and I simply cannot listen to anything with lyrics while I work - except if they are in a language I am entirely unfamiliar with.
It is so wonderful to live in an age and place where there are so many choices!
My own at-work soundtrack contains classical, jazz, movie soundtracks, and (for working fast!) Devo's "Easy Listening" album.
- old aggie

Labels

Blog Archive