Folks periodically ask what I listen to while I write, and the answer is inevitably that my mixes are random and hard to predict. That said, certain songs tend to stay in rotation for a while, and some become fixtures in my writing playlists for months at a time.
As a sample, the last ten songs I played before I turned off the music earlier tonight were the following:
- "Lonely Boy," The Black Keys
- "Howl," The Gaslight Anthem
- "Man on the Moon," R.E.M.
- "We Belong Here," Stephen Kellogg & the Sixers
- "Breathing Underwater," Metric
- "Anna Sun," Walk the Moon
- "Dark Clay," Levi Weaver
- "This Is Why We Fight," The Decemberists
- "Stay Young, Go Dancing," Death Cab for Cutie
- "Maybe It's Over," Jon McLaughlin
Nothing too surprising here, plenty of tunes I've blogged before, a wide range of emotions, kind of a comfort mix, for whatever that's worth.