Monday, May 14, 2012

Want to hear live music at my house on June 6?

Yeah, you read that right:  we're hosting a small concert of sorts, a house show, on June 6.

It's a first for us, but it looks like it'll be fun.

The opening act is The Camaraderie, which is Ben and Sarah.  I am, of course, biased, but I can honestly say that they play good music that I thoroughly enjoy.  I'd enjoy their music even if I didn't know them. 

The main act is Levi Weaver, a Nashville singer/songwriter. I saw him once before and quite enjoyed his performance; you can read more about that show here.  After buying all his CDs and signing up for his mailing list, I learned that he was looking for a venue in Raleigh on June 6.  We offered to host him.

We all read all the time about the music industry going through drastic changes, about artists finding alternative ways to support themselves.  Well, now you can witness one of those options firsthand, have a great time listening to live music, and visit with the musicians (and me, if you'd like) afterward. 

We've set up a Facebook page where you can read more about it.  We're asking for a donation of "$10 or pay what you can." We'll be selling soft drinks and bottles of water for a buck a pop, with any profits going to the acts.

As if all of that wasn't enough to tempt you, after the show, at no charge we'll be providing dessert for all who are there.  We'll have homebaked goods and possibly even some local-made ice cream.

If you'd like to come, email leviinraleigh@gmail.com, and tell us how many of you there will be.  We'll get back to you with the address. 

I hope we can fill the house, help Levi make a little money (as the donation should make clear, no one's getting rich from this), and all have a grand time.  I'm positive the last will happen; the first two are up to you.

No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive