Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Facebook still hates me--even as it takes me

In a post about a month and a half ago, I noted that Facebook would not let me have my real name unless I emailed its crack team a photocopy of a government-issued ID.  Finally, after much thought and with great reluctance, I did just that. The next day, they accepted me, and now I'm on Facebook with my correct name. 

Facebook, though, still hates me.  After I signed up, I uploaded a picture of myself (really just an author head shot), as one is supposed to do.  I then wanted to upload a cover for my page, as the new (Timeline) interface makes possible.  I couldn't find a way to do that.  I searched every option I could see.  I called knowledgable friends, who led me through all the paths they knew would work--and none did. 

In the end, the reason proved to be that I do not have the Timeline interface, and Facebook won't let me have it.  Even as Facebook is making everyone else convert to Timeline, it won't let me have the interface.

When Facebook finally solves this problem, presumably by forcing my account to move to Timeline, my page will look better, and I might even start using the damn thing.

In the meantime, if you want to watch my page in hopes of the cover appearing, friend me.  I'm not seeking out people right now, but I'm also generally saying yes to folks I know.

Perhaps one day Facebook will like me.

No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive