Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Cheering myself up after North Carolina embarrasses me

When I first moved to North Carolina, Jesse Helms was one of our senators.  In every other state to which I traveled, I had to listen to Helms' jokes and insults--jokes and insults we deserved.  Eventually, of course, his reign ended, and those jokes stopped.  Now, with the landslide passage of the "marriage amendment," my state has embarrassed me again--and angered and sickened me.  I hate that we passed that amendment.

So, to cheer myself up, I went tonight to the weekly gathering of Pie Pushers and Parlour, and I ate extremely good pizza and wonderful ice cream in the brisk spring night air.

When I came home, I saw that this trailer was available.  Yeah, this movie looks as dumb as it gets--and as awesome.  I can't wait to see it.

Enjoy.

No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive