Monday, May 7, 2012

The Avengers

is made of awesome.  It's the most fun big-action movie I've seen in ages.

Of course, I entered the theater predisposed to like it.  I've been a comic-book fan my whole life, and I still own more than a few comics.  In addition, I've always had a soft spot for The Avengers.  In fact, the second back issue I ever ordered through the mail was Avengers #4.

I don't believe, though, that you have to know anything about the comics to enjoy this film.  It's just a romp from start to finish.  Director and co-writer Joss Whedon does a superb job of giving all the key cast members some good screen time, and he particularly excels at the group and action scenes.  He also weaves in a great deal of the humor that was part of both the original comics and the recent films.  For example, as Kyle and I agreed, the Hulk vs. Loki battle was one of the funnier bits in recent films. 

I don't want to spoil the movie for you, so I'll end with two notes:  Do not miss this movie, and definitely stay to the very, very end of the credits, after the last text has rolled.  You'll be glad you did.

No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive