Sunday, January 22, 2012

On the road again: Chattacon, day 4

After a very late night, I slept as late as I could, then packed and headed off to my one panel of the day, a Q&A with all the special guests. The questions were good, though at times Toni had to seed us with them.

After saying a lot of goodbyes, I headed out for the first part of a two-part drive home.

Toni makes the case that Southern Fandom and its conventions are different from other fan groups. If the energy of Chattacon and the younger ages of at least a decent percentage of its attendees are any indicators, she's right. I certainly had a good time at this con, and I look forward to the next southern con that invites me to be a special guest.

Now, though, the giant sword-wielding gorilla that's sitting on my shoulder 24X7, my novel, summons me. To it, I must go.

No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive