Wednesday, April 6, 2011

We should all feel this way every day

A friend recently acquired some old family photos. She showed me a few of them, including the one below of her. My reaction was immediate and visceral:

Wouldn't it be great if you felt that way every day?

I love the unabashed joy in the expression, so I asked her if I could take a picture of it with my phone and put it here. She agreed, so I'm sharing it with you. As always, click on it to see a larger, higher-resolution image.



I don't mean, by the way, that you should have that feeling all the time; that much laughter would physically hurt. It would, though, be a most excellent thing to feel that happy at least once every day. I fear most adults don't, and I confess to not doing a very good job myself of pursuing joy. Something to change, methinks.


(Bonus points, of course, go to those who can identify the friend.)

No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive