Sunday, April 10, 2011

Mr. Poor Choices

In addition to being a nickname that I resist, Mr. Poor Choices is also the title of the new spoken word/comedy show that I'll be debuting at Balticon this Memorial Day weekend. That Sunday afternoon at 1:00, I'll again take the stage to tell stories and make people laugh. This show will contain some of the greatest hits of the previous two (Science Magic Sex and Wake Up Horny, Wake Up Angry) plus a bunch of new stuff I think folks will like.

We will again have a t-shirt for the show, and I will again be donating all profits from it to Balticon's reading charity. When we have a final design, I'll show it to you here. As always, if you want to order one in advance, let me know after you see the design, and we'll work it out.

I should also note that, as in the past, I recommend this show to those 18 years of age or older. Neither I nor the con has any way to police the large auditorium, but I do use all the words and discuss a variety of adult topics, so I recommend that parents keep their kids away.

Finally, though at some point soon you should be able to find it on the Balticon site, here's the description of the show that they'll be using.

Mr. Poor Choices

Spoken-word performer and 2008 Compton Crook Award Winner Mark L. Van Name returns to the Balticon stage for a new storytelling and comedy show, Mr. Poor Choices. Combining some of the best of his previous two shows with many new bits, Mr. Poor Choices will keep you laughing for an hour—and provide valuable life lessons.

Learn why you shouldn’t:
Tell a teacher your career goal is to be a piece of lingerie.
Throw a friend at gunpoint in your trunk in front of a crowd of senior citizens.
Ask a hotel night clerk for a pair of girl’s underwear.
And many more.

Not to mention the hamsters!

Join us Sunday at 1:00 p.m. for an hour of laughter in the Valley Ballroom!

Warning: Kids should wait to learn some lessons! This is an adult show, so no one under 18 should attend.
I hope to see you at the con!

5 comments:

Michelle said...

Now, that is just not fair to tease us and not give anymore details. Come on, be nice to those of us that can't make the Balticon event and spill at least one of the stories. Preferably your career choice. That is just too dicey to resist.

Griffin said...

Sorry I'll miss it.

Mark said...

Alas, I will not. Sorry.

Mark said...

To clarify: the "alas" comment was in response to Michelle.

To Griffin and anyone else who can't attend, sorry you'll miss it.

arensb said...

Well, I saw it at Balticon, and hurt myself laughing.

Now I need to see pictures of the cone suit and ice cream clown.

Labels

Blog Archive