Monday, December 6, 2010

On the road again: Las Vegas, day 4

Almost all of last night went to a fabulous dinner at Robuchon, one of America's few Michelin three-star restaurants and a bastion of French cuisine in the U.S. We opted, of course, for the largest menu, the sixteen-course Menu Degustation, and then we added a seventeenth course, a selection from the spectacular cheese trolley. One of the treats of this restaurant is its amazing bread cart, which offers over a dozen types of bread that they bake daily. We sampled entirely too many of them.

The result was a delicious meal in which we hit the food wall; we ran out of room and waddled out of the place like over-stuffed penguins.

After entirely too little sleep--the meal took nearly five hours--I arose at a time I frequently go to sleep, showered, and headed for the airport. The flights have been on time, however, and I'm in first class and enjoying bandwidth, so I cannot complain at all.

I'm posting now because I'll go straight from the airport to Scott's concert and from there to the usual whirlwind of settling in work at home.

Another trip to Las Vegas has passed without poker; I really must fix that!

No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive