Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Why I'm not doing a reading or signing near you

Several folks have written and asked why, given that I've been doing all these readings and signings, I'm not doing one in their area.

The answer is simple: I'm not there.

Okay, that's the snarky answer, and these folks deserve better. First, I have to note that I don't really do many signings. To help raise money for Falling Whistles, I've done more this year than in the past, but most of them have been local, within less than an hour of my home. I also did an appearance in San Francisco, but that was because I happened to be there for business.

Some authors tour. When they do, it's usually because their publisher is paying for it, though some fund their own tours. I don't sell enough books to warrant a tour, and I'm not doing it on my own.

Thus, the more complete answer is that no one has set up a signing in your area and paid my expenses to come there.

I will, of course, sign books you send me, as I explained in the last post, so if you really want an autographed book from me, it's not that hard to get.

No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive