Saturday, November 20, 2010

On the road again: Barcelona, day 7

Wow did my flight from BCN to JFK suck. Whatever I caught--my current best guess is the ill-advised hot-and-sour-cat soup at the Chinese place in Figueres--hit me hard last night and then today as well. I've been able to get down maybe 150 calories--and then only for a few minutes; you don't want the details.

My fever comes and goes, I shake periodically, and my stomach constricts in pain frequently. So, I'm writing this entry from a JFK Admirals Club, and I'll be crawling into bed as soon as I can after I get home.

I'm sure I'll be fine in a day or two, with luck even tomorrow, but right now I feel as bad as I've felt in a very long time.

No more cat soup for me.

3 comments:

Dan Campbell said...

I hope you get to feeling better soon, Mark! It's such a shame that the trip to El Bulli was overshadowed by getting sick. Best wishes of health to you!

Mark said...

Thanks for the kind wishes, Dan. I don't think the sickness overshadowed the rest of the trip. It was all great, and then I had this bad thing at the end. So it goes.

Mark said...

Thanks, Griffin.

Labels

Blog Archive