Friday, June 18, 2010

About the signing the other night

It went pretty well. I couldn't get a firm fix on the size of the crowd, but I'm pretty sure it topped fifty folks, people who braved a dark and stormy night (really) to come see us yak. Linda Maloof, the Community Relations Manager for this B&N and the organizer of the event, kicked us off with a question from her podium. We each answered it, and then Linda opened the floor to audience questions.

As part of our introductory answers, we each had the opportunity to flog our current works. I hate posting pictures of myself, but I've taken enough grief for not doing so that I'll put up one this time. In it, I'm standing and explaining about my project to raise money to help child soldiers and other children affected by war. (If you missed that post, I am donating 100% of the money I make from the sales of the hardback of Children No More to Falling Whistles, an organization that helps such children.)

The thing I'm holding is a mock-up of the final dust jacket of the book. If you look closely, you can see the gold whistle on its back; I'm wearing that same whistle.

To my surprise, the event lasted over two hours, and it could have gone longer; the audience was great. After it ended, we signed books and then visited in small groups for another half hour before finally dispersing.

All in all, it was a pleasant evening with a vastly better turn-out than I had expected. I thank all who attended.


(pictures courtesy of Gina)

No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive