Sunday, January 11, 2009

On the road again: Las Vegas/CES, day 4

I'm going to skip the daily pattern, because it hasn't varied since I've been here.

The only netbook of note today was the Sony Vaio P series, which is very narrow when closed and has an odd, eight-inch-wide screen. It looks like you could fit it in a man's jacket pocket, and its 1.4-pound weight might even be bearable there.

Tonight's dinner was at Emeril's where, yes, I ate the banana cream pie again.

The highlight of the day, though, was seeing Cirque's Love, the show based on the music of the Beatles. It's pure magic for me, and I sit in childlike awe and strong emotion thoughout it. I love it. Even more than O, I wish I could show this one to every one of my friends, family, and loved ones.

At the end of the performance, as the entire cast is singing and dancing, little red paper flower petals--just cut pieces of thin paper, really, but at the time you know they're flower petals--rain from the ceiling all over the stage and the audience. As I did last time, I collected a bunch of the petals. When I post this entry, I'll put them in my leather jacket's pockets, as I did the last batch. When in the cold I put my hands in my pockets, I find the petals there and remember anew that there is magic in the world.

If you see me wearing that coat at a con (or anywhere else, for that matter), and you're having a tough day, tell me, and I'll give you a petal from Love. I don't mind sharing. There's always magic to be had.

No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive