Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Can't get enough of me yakking?

Then check out part one of this interview by Laughing Wolf, aka C. Blake Powers. Yeah, we'll be mentioning this interview elsewhere on my site, but I thought blog readers should hear about it first.

Baen Books sponsored this interview and others, including a long one with David Drake. Blake interviewed both David and me on my back deck, and despite the occasional plane noise, I think they came out okay. Of course, I can hardly stand to look at my old, fat self on video, but there you have it; I've never much liked my appearance.

Blake will be posting another two (I think) installments in time.

Before anyone else asks, no, the blue cup (a souvenir from my one visit to the awesome Basketball Hall of Fame) in the background is not there to provide a hint of artificiality in an otherwise natural setting. I was drinking from it, put it on the railing, and didn't realize it would be in the frame. From such accidents come moments of art...or not. Mostly not.

6 comments:

Frederick Paul Kiesche III said...

Haven't seen your segment(s) yet, probably will on Saturday at the firehouse (high speed connection). I saw Drake's segments on Sunday; what the heck kind of critter falls on him at one point?

Mark said...

Another segment of mine is now up, Fred, so you have multiple watching opportunities [grin].

Which segment of Dave's had the critter falling? I need to watch it to see.

Frederick Paul Kiesche III said...

Ummm...maybe #5? Need to watch them again. Actually, I need to figure out how to download them so I can watch them at home!

Mark said...

When you find the part, let me know, and I'll check out the creature. I watched the interview live, as Blake filmed it, so I haven't watched it again online.

Frederick Paul Kiesche III said...

The mystery critter is in Part Five at about 5 minutes, 50 seconds...Where David is talking about when Jim Baen started buying the HS stories for Galaxy.

Mark said...

I can't be certain, but it's probably a cricket, though also possibly a beetle. Sorry I can't be sure.

Labels

Blog Archive