Sunday, June 15, 2008

Sorry for the radio slience

Wednesday night's back pain turned into a very bad night. I had to roll out of the bed to get out of it, then crawl to the bathroom. I screamed in pain, and to my embarrassment I did so many times. Thursday, I went to the chiropractor, and Friday I saw both the chiropractor and an urgent care MD. After a couple of days on muscle relaxers and pills to reduce swelling and pain, I am much better. I am still, however, far, far from normal. I figure feeling as healthy as usual is a solid week away, and being fully healed is at least a week or two past that.

I'm spending all of my time flat on my back with a pillow under my knees, which makes typing rather hard. The various pills make me drowsy, which makes working next to impossible. So, I've not been working during this time.

I hope to be back to work and to daily blogging by Tuesday or, at the latest, Wednesday. Until then, if you feel like commenting, what's your worst pain story, and how long did it keep you from working?

Wow, as I said before, do I hate this.

2 comments:

Frederick Paul Kiesche III said...

I was once keyboard-free (and unable to work) for three months due to carpal tunnel surgery (both hands).

On the good news front, folks who buy Baen's eBook editions and the monthly Webscriptions now have full access to "Slanted Jack"! Huzzah!

Mark said...

Thanks for the kind words and for the SJ pimping. I appreciate both.

Labels

Blog Archive