Thursday, June 5, 2008

Slanted Jack is in the house

A box was waiting for me when I arrived home today. That's not unusual; you don't get a house as crammed with books, CDs, and DVDs as ours without having a lot of boxes show up. What made this box special was what was inside: my author's copies of Slanted Jack.

I'm biased, of course, but I think the physical book is a very strong package for an SF adventure novel. More importantly, it's a volume that should stand out nicely from other titles on the bookstore shelves.

For those who expect a little self-pimping, far be it from me to let you down: this novel is thicker than One Jump Ahead by almost a hundred pages, runs at a much faster pace than that earlier book, and would make a lovely gift for beach reading, summer reading, birthday, Father's Day, or any other event.

Okay, that's as much self-promotion as I can stand.

I am tickled to have the book, but it also reminds me that about eleven months from now I should be happy to be holding my author's copies of Overthrowing Heaven, a realization that then makes me gulp hard because I'm nowhere near done with that book. So, I'll go write a bit more of it now, as I will each day until I finish it.

2 comments:

Frederick Paul Kiesche III said...

Dang. Still another month before we see it in the bookstore, though. Lucky you!

Mark said...

Nah. If this one follows anything like the sale pattern of One Jump Ahead, you'll have a shot at it in about a week.

I do appreciate your interest. It's a neat looking book, way better than the Amazon cover photo.

Labels

Blog Archive