Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Iron Man

We went to see it on the Thursday night before it officially opened, but I've been remiss in writing about it. Bottom line: Go see it.

The movie has heart, good acting, action, and the larger-than-life virtues of comics. Robert Downey, Jr. is on, which means he's delivering a very good performance. Jeff Bridges does a fine job. Even Gwyneth Paltrow, who always leaves me cold, managed to earn my affection in the film. The origin story, though updated from the very old comic book origin, was reasonable enough to pass and true in spirit to the comic.

You don't, by the way, need to know the comic-book character at all to appreciate it; several people in our party had never read a comic with Iron Man, and we all quite liked the film.

Of course, I am a huge comic book fan, so I was a natural member of the movie's audience.

I recommend this one.

No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive