Friday, November 2, 2007

Provoked

Earlier tonight, Gina and I had the privilege of watching Henry Rollins perform for a bit over three hours on his spoken word tour, Provoked. (Yes, I bought the shirt, and one for Sarah, too, though mine may be a bit too small and hers a bit too tight--but there was only one size of the women's tank-top.) Rollins was amazing, as always, with intelligence, charity, kindness, anger, and humor all weaving in and out of the stories he told.

I've had friends say Rollins was too much about himself for their taste, but I don't agree. Yes, he's so alienated that a big part of his subject matter is himself, but he's also a passionate and increasingly compassionate observer of the human race.

If you get a chance to catch this show, don't miss it. If you don't, hope for him to bring it to DVD.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

saw this and thought of you...

GTTFD with henry rollins

- lisa

Mark said...

Very nice. I never feel productive enough, but I never lack for inspiration to keep working.

Labels

Blog Archive