Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!

I hope everyone reading this had a good day. I slept late, then drove, as we do each Thanksgiving, to the Drake's. Our extended family and friends shared a wonderful meal--no thanks to me; I did nothing other than eat--and each other's company. I ate more than was reasonable, took a break to socialize and work on Slanted Jack, and then ate a large plate of dessert.

I don't take much for granted. I'm thankful each and every time someone prepares a meal for me. I'm thankful for small and large kindnesses. I'm thankful to have loved ones who can overlook all that's wrong with me and actually care about me. I'm thankful that enough people have been willing to buy my book that my publisher is willing to pay me to write more of them. I'm thankful that my company's clients keep doing business with us. I'm thankful that my kids are smart and healthy and generally the best kids in the world. I'm thankful that I have the privilege to work and associate with smart and decent people.

If it sounds like I'm thankful a lot, that's because I am. I've seen people who've lost everything, and I'm acutely aware that could happen to me or to any of us.

I'm a very lucky man.

No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive