Friday, October 12, 2007

State Fair sins

I'm not proud of what I did earlier tonight. True, I enjoyed it, but I know it was bad for me, and I'll try to be better next time.

My sins? Eating my way across the midway--which, I must admit, is something I love to do.

Oh, sure, you might say, everyone has something bad for them at the Fair. How much worse could your eating be?

I'll tell you:

* footlong hot dog with cheese (whiz)
* four bites of a turkey leg
* 40-oz. (approx.) Diet Coke
* bite of a pretzel
* burger with cheese (whiz)
* bite of cheesecake on a stick
* large bowl of NC State cherry vanilla ice cream
* two sugar-coated mini-donuts

and, at the very end, to stabilize my blood sugar

* fried bologna sandwich with cheese (whiz)

I warned you. It's not a pretty sight. Right now, all I can hope is that I can drink enough water to somehow push the fat through my system before I lose too many arteries. It's a dumb hope, but it's all I have.

I'll be better next time.

Or not.

No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive