Sunday, July 29, 2007

On the road again

Tomorrow morning early, I head to Portland for PT business. I go there once a quarter and have come to quite like the city. I've also found some great restaurants there, and on this trip I have reservations at Le Pigeon, whose chef, Gabriel Rucker, Food and Wine ranked one of the top rising stars in the U.S., and at The Heathman for a tasting menu from Executive Chef, Philippe Boulot, whom Anthony Bourdain acclaims one of the great cooks of the northwest. I've eaten one very good meal there already, but I'm looking forward to trying the unpublicized tasting menu.

I also hope to do a lot of good business and, of course, make progress on Slanted Jack. I'm just now introducing an odd group of personal favorite characters, which may seem weird at this point (about 75% along) in a book, but there you have it; I do what the story demands.

Time and energy permitting, I'll report from those meals.

No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive