Sunday, September 17, 2017

In praise of Nogoduro


Tonight, I ate for the first time at Nogoduro, a relatively new Portland restaurant that has garnered great reviews and that a friend and colleague turned me on to.  The only option is a tasting menu, which is always fine by me.

Tonight's was intriguing.

Click an image to see a larger version.

and appeared as part of a lovely place setting.


Every single dish proved to be both delicious and beautiful.  Consider, as just one example, this tomato salad.


Each piece of this dish complements the others and is in a perfect position, and each bite was intense and wonderful.

I left full and happy.

Nogoduro isn't cheap--figure about $125 a person before beverages--but it is worth every penny.  I recommend it highly.




No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive