Friday, August 4, 2017

Bandwidth over the Atlantic--sorta


I started this entry from my seat on an American Airlines flight to London from RDU.  I was greatly enjoying the bandwidth I had purchased (at way too high a price) and marveling at my ability to catch up on work email, write a blog, and so on, all while hurtling at 556 mph across the Atlantic.

Then it started bouncing.

Then it stopped.  No warning, just gone mid-trip.

Had any part of the purchase process warned me that I'd get only two hours for my large expenditure, I would have opted for the two-hour pass.  I foolishly assumed, however, that the existence of four-hour and full-flight passes meant the bandwidth would remain available for those longer times.

Ah, well.  It was good while it lasted.

I'm finishing this from London, where I arrived exhausted, more than a tad smelly, and with a severe case of headphone hair.  Fortunately, in all of these traits I was not alone; Heathrow was full of us.

It is good to be back in London!





No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive