Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Wonderful Willow wows


Sorry about that headline, but I couldn't resist the temptation, because it's true.  Willow, a small (11-seat) Portland restaurant, wowed me again tonight with its delicious, thoughtful, and playful food.  Though only four of us sat at the counter tonight, this place deserves to be sold out every day and have waiting lists; it really is that good.

It's late, and I'm tired, so I'm going to cut this short by summarizing the quality of the dishes in the following way.  I strongly dislike beets, squash, and Brussels sprouts, with my dislike increasing as you read from left to right in that list.  Three of tonight's six courses at Willow, all in a row, featured first beets, then squash, and finally Brussels sprouts.  I absolutely loved them all, and my favorite of the trio was the Brussels sprouts dish.

Yes, the Willow chefs created a Brussels sprouts dish that I adored.

Yes, these guys are that good.  Check 'em out.



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Mark, this is MJ - it was very nice to have dined with you. Thank you for all the precious information regarding the Portland restaurant scene. Hope the rest of your trip was wonderful as well.

Mark said...

You're most welcome. I hope the information was useful and look forward to crossing paths with you again.

Labels

Blog Archive