Wednesday, February 22, 2017

A few high points from today in Florence


Getting to see in person Botticelli's Madonna and Child with Saint John the Baptist and Two Angels, which is now in the entry room at the Accademia.

Click an image to see a larger version.

I toured an exhibition of Giovanni dal Ponte


whose work is lovely and who was new to me.  I can't show any of his paintings here, however, because the gallery forbid photography in those chambers.

I spent a great deal of time admiring and communing with this big guy,


which I consider to be one of the few perfect pieces of art and the sight of which always slays me.

Wonderful gelato at Grom!


Touring outside and then inside the Duomo.


Pasta stuffed with pear and a cheese mixture at Coquinarius.


A lovely day in Florence.






No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive