Thursday, February 4, 2016

When you learn


that the redoubtable Jeni Britton Bauer, the ice cream genius behind Jeni's, has created a new collection, American Licks, whose goal is to capture the flavors of how ice creams of the past tasted in our memories, and if you're me, you have only one choice, of course:  you order them.

Click the image to see a larger version.

Then, you and anyone around must grab spoons and have an ice cream tasting party.

It's the only logical choice.

All of the flavors I tasted--I passed on the mint, of course--were delicious.  The standout, to my surprise, proved to be the orange sherbet, which was richer and better than any I've ever tasted.  It was, in fact, as good as my idealized memory of a few precious spoons of orange sherbet on a hot Florida summer day.

If you're an ice cream lover, I heartily recommend this collection.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Was the Pralines & Cream good?

I ask because I read in their description that they use Krema peanut butter -- my wonderful peanut butter!

Elizabeth

Mark said...

Yes, it was very good, though the orange sherbet and the cookies and cream remain my favorites.

Labels

Blog Archive