Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Right about this time in 1988


I was working in Toronto and living alone there.  I went with a few local friends to the Diamond Club to see what had just become a new favorite band--and what is now, all these years later, still a favorite group--Blue Rodeo.  They played most, if not all, of their debut album, Outskirts, which for my money is one of the best albums ever made.  This is a live version of "Heart Like Mine," the first track on that album.  Give it time; it'll grow on you.



Country, folk, rock, jazz--that album mixed up a little of all of it.

I still love these guys.



2 comments:

Mark Winstanley said...

I thought I would leave my first comment. I don’t know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog, I will keep visiting this blog very often.

Marc The Phone Man

Mark said...

Thanks for the kind words.

Labels

Blog Archive