Wednesday, October 28, 2015

On the road again: Austin, day 4


Today's most unusual event occurred in the bathroom of the restaurant at which I was eating with friends and colleagues.

I was standing at the urinal, doing my business and keeping to myself, as one does in such situations, when from the stall next to me a man shouted--and I do mean shouted,

"I'm sorry!  I didn't mean to do that to you!"

A lightning-quick personal inventory reassured me that I was fine, that he had to be on the phone to someone else, and that he was not addressing me.

He continued, yelling the whole time.

"I didn't mean to hurt you!

"Just tell me what I can do to make it up to you!"

"I'm so sorry!"

I hustled out while he was still screaming.

I know I'm old, and so perhaps some of my attitudes are antiquated, but I nonetheless remain convinced that a stall in the men's room of a Japanese steakhouse is not the ideal location for a screaming apology.



2 comments:

Amrk P said...

Don't forget the other restroom etiquettes.

No talking to another occupant unless you really know then and never at the urinal.

And NEVER EVER make eye contact.

Mark said...

This guy clearly did not understand anything about bathroom etiquette.

Labels

Blog Archive