Sunday, March 15, 2015

On the road again: TEDActive, Whistler, day 0


Travel ate today.  I got to bed a tiny bit before seven a.m. and woke up at one, not exactly refreshed from six hours of sleep but definitely feeling better than most mornings this week.  From then on, the day was all about the usual rituals of travel:  shower, drive to airport, wait, board, wait, fly, land, repeat.

I was lucky enough to get a few good breaks:  first-class seats on both legs, plus a Red Mango parfait in DFW.

What made today particularly long was not only a long layover in DFW but also a two-hour car ride from the Vancouver airport to the hotel in Whistler.

Now, though, I am secure in my pleasant but not particularly remarkable hotel room, it's the middle of the night, and I hope to get some sleep.  I must say that I prefer having us all in one (extremely nice) hotel to scattering us among many (less nice) hotels, but so it goes; the room is more than good enough for sleeping and working.

Tomorrow, TEDActive begins!






2 comments:

Mark P said...

Are you going to go skiing though?


It's sixteen years since I last went skiing in Whistler. Whistler is definitely the most enjoyable skiing resort.

Mark said...

No, I'm sorry to report. I don't know how to ski, but also snow here is minimal. Not the best winter for the tourist trade here.

Labels

Blog Archive