Saturday, August 18, 2012

The Expendables 2

Watch any trailer for this movie, and you'll know if you're in its target audience.  If you're still not sure, if you haven't seen at least five films of each of its main stars, you may well want to give it a pass.

I, on the other hand, had no doubts that this movie was for me. I've seen just about every film of all of the stars, and I had a great time at the first movie.  I walked into the theater tonight fully prepared for a little under two hours of mindless, unrealistic violence, dumb dialog, and in-jokes delivered badly.

The Expendables 2 delivered all of those things by the extended magazine full. 

I could explain the plot, but there's no point.  It's just there to put our team in interesting situations in which they can kill many people.  I could talk about the acting, but, really, there was hardly any.  I could review some of the many inside jokes, but either I'd be ruining them for you or you wouldn't get them, so there's no point.

The decision is simple: If you're in the audience for this movie, you'll have a grand time and laugh your ass off.  If you're not, I don't know how you'll react, but the odds are that you won't like it. 

Predictably, I had a wonderful time and now hope for an unrated Director's Cut DVD. 


No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive