Thursday, August 23, 2012

On the road again: Portland, day 3

After a very, very late night working, morning today arrived entirely too early.  The vast majority of the daylight hours went to work meetings, which were interesting but which I cannot, of course, discuss.

Feeling draggy and exhausted, I turned for a pick-me-up to the small Cacao store located in the corner of the hotel.  A small glass of sipping dark chocolate beverage later, I was wired for sound and rolling on work.  I've never had a beverage that affected me as much as this one, which never fails to buzz me.

Dinner took me to one of my all-time favorite restaurants, Le Pigeon.  Owner and star chef Gabriel Rucker was working tonight, so I was able to sit at the bar in front of him and chat off and on as he cooked and I ate.  The meal was, as always, delicious.  It included my first taste of pork tongue, which was in Rucker's hands rich and flavorful and entirely delicious.  As I've said many times before, if I lived here, I'd eat in this place weekly.

Tomorrow morning, I head home for a few days before my travels take me to Chicago and the World Science Fiction Convention!




Labels

Blog Archive