Tuesday, July 31, 2012

On the road again: Bay area, day 2

I can say so very little about work travel days that I often end up resorting, as I am here, to a meal description.  Fortunately, tonight's dinner was a very tasty affair at Los Cubanos, a place I've eaten in the past. We started with croquetas, had small house salads (pleasant but unremarkable), and then my entree was a Cuban classic, ropa vieja.  This version featured the beef in a dish with peppers and olives and a lot of juice, and it was darn tasty.  Mix a bit of beef and some rice and black beans in each bite, and you have a definite taste treat.

The only disappointment was the dessert, an indulgence that in retrospect I would not have permitted myself.  I tried the quatres leches, which came in a sundae cup and was far less satisfying than most of the similar dishes I've had over the years.  Of course, that didn't stop me from finishing it, which was an error on my part. 

On balance, though, I have to recommend Los Cubanos if you live in the area. 

No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive