Saturday, July 21, 2012

And we are home

Coming home after a vacation inevitably yields mixed feelings.  It's great to be where you live, but it's also sad to end the time away.  I love my job, but I love even more the feeling of having no day-to-day responsibilities beyond organizing the pack of people in the house.  And so on.

One feeling that is in no way mixed, however, is the triumph we all feel at besting the Bobcake.  Yes, the believers were right, and we skeptics were wrong.  The 2012 Bobcake is no more.

As always, click on an image to see a larger version of it.

We consumed more than cake while at the beach, of course.  In addition to truly obscene quantities of calories, we also plowed through two dozen DVDs, as you can see below. 


If you can find a pattern--other than the fact that I own them--that unites all of these films, you're  probably also a believer in the conspiracy to hide the alien remains in Area 51.  Nonetheless, I'd like to hear your theory.

Tomorrow, I dig through the mountain of mail, pay overdue bills, and generally prepare myself for my re-immersion into the working world. 

No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive