Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Science Magic Sex

That's the title of the spoken word show I'll be doing at Balticon. I won't say more about its contents, but you can get a little information from the Balticon podcast page, where they're now featuring a promo for the show.

In a move that reeks of ego but is actually a combination of amusing myself and (until now) a secret manipulation attempt, we're going to make tour t-shirts for the show. We may even bring a few to the con--or not; I haven't decided yet.

Here's the secret manipulation plan: I do the show. A lot of folks show up (this is where you guys have to help out). It goes well, and we all enjoy ourselves. The word spreads. Other cons hear and ask me to do it for them; WorldCon, are you listening? Then, we'd have a tour, a lot of folks would have laughed and had a good time, and I would have indulged my desire to do more spoken word.

Aren't secret plans grand?

Speaking of which, is that a Blue Rodeo plug I feel coming on? It is indeed, for the first single from their recent Small Miracles act, a song entitled, appropriately enough, "C'mon." Enjoy.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I hope that someone makes a video of your monologue and it is available to those of us that won't be able to see you perform. It sounds like a lot of fun. Who knows, first stop Balticon, next stop David Letterman. Good luck!

Mark said...

If there's a video, I hope to control it [grin].

Labels

Blog Archive