Saturday, December 27, 2008

Overthrowing Heaven is outta here!

I worked all night and fell, exhausted, into bed around 7:00 a.m. Before I did so, however, I mailed Toni (and others at Baen) the complete and ready to publish Overthrowing Heaven. With luck, she'll be offering it as an eARC sometime fairly soon, though I confess that I don't know the schedule.

When I started writing every day, I told Dave that after I finished three books I would give myself a day off.

He said, "No, you won't."

He was right. So, I spent chunks of today noodling on the big issues in Children No More. Write every day: that's the rule.

I'm psyched to be done with Overthrowing Heaven. Hurrah!

6 comments:

Frederick Paul Kiesche III said...

Mark, that's great news! I look forward to getting the eARC at Baen (as well as the more regular releases).

Now I just have to get my expanding bookshelf (if you include "Transhuman" and the two "Best of JBU" volumes) of Van Name Volumes signed!

:)

Anonymous said...

Congrats. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year that is hopefully filled with new books shooting out of your PC......Chris......

Mark said...

Thanks for the kind words. I'd love to sign the books; we just have to be at the same con.

Mark said...

Thanks, Chris. I'm afraid the books crawl more than shoot, but I am already working on the next one.

Unknown said...

Congratulations and thank you for the Saturday-after-Christmas present.

I, too, will be looking forward to the eARC, although my personal BOTEC-guess "popup date" might be early February, since the book itself isn't due out until early June.

Who said "anticipation" isn't a spectator sport?

Mark said...

You may well be right on the date; I have no clue.

Thanks for wanting to read the book. I really appreciate it.

Labels

Blog Archive