Thursday, April 3, 2008

Sushi jones for the lose

It hit me last night: I had to have sushi. The craving rarely strikes, but when it does, I give in quickly. The specific sushi I wanted was available only at Waraji, which for my money is the best of the local sushi places and at least on par with the vast majority of the sushi restaurants in which I've eaten all over the country.

I didn't want to be alone in my sushi eating, however, so I sent an email to a few others, and in no time we had a small group ready to eat raw fish, their orders in email to me, a plan to meet--in short, everything we needed for a sushi party.

Except one thing: the sushi. Waraji, as it turned out, was closed.

A subset of us settled for pizza and wings, which were fine and tasty, but they weren't what I was seeking.

Lest I come across as whining about trivia in a world full of real problems, let me say that I am neither ignorant of nor uncaring about those problems.

I just had my mouth set for sushi.

No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive