Saturday, February 9, 2008

Random walk

At tonight's C&C, we watched the new 3:10 to Yuma. Russell Crowe and Christian Bale turned in fine performances, as did many of the supporting actors. Not a great movie, but one I still quite enjoyed.

The MacBook Air is all that, especially the version with the SSD, which is stone quiet. Yeah, the trade-offs you have to make are already legendary in the tech world, but for certain uses, it is just great.

It is also, of course, insanely cool to look at and touch. Design has occupied my mind a lot lately, because I'm fascinated by the way that a beautifully designed object--beautiful by whatever standards matter to you--can trigger a kind of appreciation that feels almost below the conscious level.

Stumbled across another few online comments on One Jump Ahead, mostly but not entirely positive. Only the negative bits stick, of course. Bad writer. No cookie.

I'm still not done with the outline for Overthrowing Heaven, but I am steadily beating it into submission on the keyboard now. I'm liking the book as I'm assembling its structure, but it is going way more slowly than I had hoped.

You or I could buy www.pimientocheese.com for a mere $850. Tempting, eh? Another reason never to let me shop late at night.

No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive