Tuesday, October 23, 2007

A qualified recommendation

A while back, I finally managed to order and receive some of Dr. Bob's ice cream. I say "finally" because it took three attempts for one to succeed. I'd read good things about this gourmet ice cream maker, and I'm always up for importing the best frozen comestibles, so I persisted.

I'm glad I did. For taste, I have to give the ice cream high marks. Its chocolates are some of the best I've ever tasted, and all of the flavors we sampled were very good or better. If you love ice cream, you'll want to taste Dr. Bob's.

What led me to make the overall recommendation a qualified one is that getting the ice cream is difficult. You can't mix and match flavors exactly as you'd like, each set of six pints must be a separate order, and I had multiple problems even getting an order to reach me. That said, the people there were unfailingly nice, and the ice cream is so good that I plan to order it again.

No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive