Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Gaining on it

Jet lag is still kicking my butt--witness no blog entry Monday night or Tuesday night and the fact that I got up and started working around 5:00 a.m. local time here in San Francisco--but I'm gaining on it. Last night I actually had two sessions of sleep over two hours long each, so with luck I will soon return to normal. Meanwhile, I'm fighting by forcing myself to get up early and so tiring out my body more.

I'm also gaining on Slanted Jack, whose end is so very, very near. I'd like to say that I whoop in satisfaction when I finish, but mostly I grunt and move to the next pass. Hey, we all celebrate in our own ways.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm in the middle of One Jump Ahead and so far I thoroughly enjoy it.

I realized then, ... that the same has proven true of every living thing I've ever taken the time to study closely, a testimony to the wonder of creation. ... what I crave is the will and the ability to learn to appreciate it all. - from One Jump Ahead

Nice touch on that one.

Now, get back to work! ;-)

Mark said...

Thanks for the kind words. I'm in SFO waiting to get on a plane. I believe there is every chance that I will finish pass one of Slanted Jack today. Here's hoping!

Labels

Blog Archive