Monday, August 27, 2007

On the road again

Tomorrow morning, I have to get up at the unholy (to this night owl) hour of 6:30 a.m. to shower and head to the airport for the long trek to Yokohama, Japan, where I'll be one of the U.S. SF writers speaking on panels there. Thanks to the miracle of the international date line and the sheer length of the trip, I'll reach the hotel in Yokohama about 24 hours after I get up. I expect to be very special at that stage, in that nasty, no one wants to be near you sense of special.

My first panel is the next day at 1:00 p.m., so I better acclimate fast.

Sometime late tonight, I'll start packing. I wish it could have been different, because for a trip this long--I won't be back until late on Sept. 13--I would have preferred time to go, but that's not the reality of my life.

Tech and stamina permitting, I hope to send updates from this journey, my first trip to Japan.

Watch this space.

No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive