Thursday, July 26, 2007

When will I learn?

Last night, as I was switching my brain from testing work to writing, I made the mistake of Googling my book and reading a few blog entries on it. Most were favorable, but I, of course, remembered and reacted to only the ones with negative comments. The comments struck me as generally wrong-headed and usually quite missing the point, but they stung nonetheless.

Nothing good comes from reading such things. My job is to write the best book I can each time out. Each other person gets to decide how he or she feels about the book. Reading reviews--professional or fan--does nothing to help me write a better book, and it can definitely bring me down.

You'd think I'd have learned this lesson by now.

Bad writer. No cookie.

Back to Slanted Jack.

No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive