Saturday, November 25, 2017

My first series binge-watch: American Gods


Well aware that I was possibly one of the last Americans not to have binge-watched a series, I decided to remedy this cultural omission by devoting today to a viewing of the complete first season of American Gods

Predictably, binge-watching came entirely too easily to me.  As someone who has watched five movies in a day on multiple occasions, this was no surprise, but I was somewhat taken aback by how much I enjoyed getting to see an entire series in a day.  Fortunately or not, my life won't permit this luxury often--I should have worked more today--but it was an enjoyable way to pass an afternoon and much of an evening. 

As for the show itself, I liked it a great deal.  In preparation for this event, I recently re-read the version with the author's preferred text.  I consider the book to be Gaiman's best novel, and I wanted it fresh in mind as I watched the show.  The series proved to be a pleasant blend of Gaiman's story and Bryan Fuller's style and obsessions.  I definitely recommend it and look forward to the remaining season(s). 


No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive