Friday, November 24, 2017

A quick Thanksgiving meal recap


A small group of us, family and extended family, gathered at the Drake's for dinner, companionship, and to give thanks for all that we enjoy.  I tried to stay more or less under control this year, though my plate was definitely heaping with food. 

Click an image for a larger version. 

As you can tell, I love gravy--on turkey, on stuffing, on mashed potatoes.  The roll is Sarah's and was wonderful.  Everything was delicious.  I make no apologies, by the way, for the quivering mass of from-the-can cranberry sauce; to me, it is essential Thanksgiving fare.

I forgot to take a picture of my plate full of desserts, but many wonderful ones were on offer.


My particular favorites were Jennie's banana cream pie, a favorite of my kids and Ben and me, and Sarah's caramel cake, which I am grateful she took home, but I sampled everything. 

I should never need a reminder to be thankful for my life and those in it and all I enjoy, but Thanksgiving is wonderful because it is just that. 

Thank you, all, for your support.




No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive