Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Food bomb away!


Tonight, I took a friend and client, who had said he was quite hungry, to downtown Durham to grab an informal meal at Geer Street Garden. I've had many fun dinners there, and on nights as mild as tonight, it's a pleasure to eat outside on their patio.

Because my companion was so hungry, we ordered an appetizer:  "the Pile." This beast contains fried chicken, french fries, jalapenos (we asked the kitchen to omit those, because my friend doesn't prefer spicy food), bacon, melted cheddar cheese, and gravy. You also get your choice of sauces; we opted for cheese and a few others.

When it arrived, I remembered why I haven't ordered it since the first time I went to Geer St.

Click the image to see a larger version.

Wow, is that an enormous, greasy, and absolutely delicious belly bomb!

Two of us managed to eat less than a third of it, and I expect we'll both pay soon for our sins.

You can actually eat quite healthy food at Geer St., but I have to say that if you want a plate or two of incredibly hearty, stick-to-your-ribs chow, you should absolutely check it out.

If only they had a nap room on the premises.




No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive