Thursday, September 1, 2016

DragonCon starts roaring


The con really doesn't crank up until tomorrow, but you couldn't have told that from the crowds tonight in the lobby of the Hyatt


and the Marriott.


The costumes here make for wonderful people watching.  I love that all the folks I've encountered are completely accepting of the many and varied passions of the people around them.

Cakes & Ale has topped a few past "best of" lists for Atlanta, and it's almost always in the top ten of such lists, so I had to give it a try.  I'm sorry to say that the food was underwhelming given all the praise the place has garnered.  The dishes I sampled were tasty but never excellent; the worst dish from last night's Gunshow dinner was better than the best one I tried tonight.  Cakes & Ales is a good enough place to visit, but for my taste it is nowhere near Gunshow.



No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive