Sunday, January 3, 2016

Health update


One week ago, I wrote that I was healing every day, coughing less, and generally making progress.  At that time, I expected to be fully healed before the New Year began.

Ah, foolish me.  I did beat the sinus infection, but the coughing became more and more frequent and intense, to the point that I now sleep very little and instead cough my way through the night.  After giving my body multiple days to fix this issue on its own, today I went again to the urgent care clinic to seek help.

The verdict:  the infection left my air tubes upset and so I have bronchiospastic (or something like that) coughing.  Put differently, every few minutes my chest goes off and I cough like I'm going to die.

Fun times.  Or not.  Mostly not.

I now have prednisone pills and an inhaler to help the air tubes, as well as something to help me sleep.  With luck, over the next week or less I should return to normal.

I cannot tell you how much I am looking forward to that.



No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive