Wednesday, August 12, 2015

On the road again: Austin, day 4


Another very long work day full of interesting meetings I cannot discuss.

Dinner tonight was with colleagues, clients, and friends at the local branch of a steak and seafood chain, Eddie V's.  Dessert was later--at, of course, Amy's.

The most upsetting development of the day was learning that the box that was to contain my lost book, book cover, and glasses arrived at my house--utterly empty.  Yes, they shipped me and charged me the shipping fee for an empty box.  Worse, it's now not clear if my possessions are still in DFW or, apparently more likely, went to someone else, courtesy of the airline.  Gina is once again on the case, but now neither she nor I is very hopeful.

I am quite bummed about this.

I suppose it is another of those reminders never to celebrate a thing until it actually occurs.




2 comments:

Rosanne said...

I am hoping for the best for you.

Mark said...

Thanks. I screwed up, so it is fair that I am paying a price. That does not make it any more fun, of course, but so it goes.

Labels

Blog Archive