Monday, August 10, 2015

On the road again: Austin, day 2


The vast majority of today went to work, so I can't say much about that.

Gina worked her magic with the airline and was able to get back my book cover, book, and glasses.  I am very happy about that!  Clearly, I need better rituals for exiting planes.

Dinner tonight was a working meal at chef Tim Love's new Lonesome Dove in Austin.  We shared multiple dishes, and every one was very tasty.  I particularly liked the elk and foie gras slider.  I would definitely return there.

Dessert was a small ice cream at a nearby Amy's.  It was as delicious as always.

The high temperature today was somewhere around 104, so the heat was a tangible presence each time I had to brave the outdoors.  I very much prefer Austin in cooler seasons--though I have to confess that it's plenty warm back home.

Tomorrow morning early, work resumes!



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Kudos Gina!!!!!
According to past blogs she's saved your stuff several times.

Mark said...

Yup. When I break my rituals, I mess up.

Labels

Blog Archive